Giftr is building a very fun social commerce app for parents & kids and their friends and extended family. We're in stealth mode, so you won't find any info on the web about us, really. We're in SF. The founder is an ex-Apple engineer & has had 5 successful startups, with 2 IPOs & 5 acquisitions.
We're hiring a summer intern for a fun research position that could transition into a permanent position doing this or more.
Activities & Responsibilities:
- Research info on web about holidays & youth entertainment products to be used in infographics
- Coordinate research information with graphic designer
- Research potential marketing channels including "mommy blogs", websites & TV/radio shows
- Conduct user testing & polling of moms, dads, kids & grandparents
- Identify & informally review relevant mobile / gaming apps currently in app store
- Additional activities to be identified during the course of summer
- Bachelor's degree preferred or in process
- Very Web research savvy, including using Google docs, Facebook and can easily learn LinkedIn
- Ability to focus & produce exceptional results
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently
- High motivation & drive to succeed, commitment to getting the job done
- Remembers what it was like to be a kid
- Graphics ability, eg. Illustrator, Photoshop, Web design, etc.
- Interest / ability / desire to learn tools at www.visual.ly
Hours: Full-time or part-time
Locationon: Onsite or remote
Duration: June 1 - Aug 31, flexible start/end depending on mutual discussion, also can transition to permanent role
Compensation: $12 - $15/hour, depending on experience